Bulgaria to Accelerate Refugee Status Procedures
The status of refugees to be determined within 21 days, is envisioned in measures proposed by the Chair of the Bulgarian State Agency for Refugees (DAB).
Nikolay Chirpanliev, who was appointed as the new head of DAB 2 weeks ago, revealed in front of the Bulgarian National Television that the agency is ready to employ extra staff in the reception centers.
Furthermore, Syrians residing in Bulgaria will also be employed on civil contracts to assist in the asylum granting procedures.
On Monday, Defense Minister Angel Naydenov said that the country can expect financial help from the EU for dealing with the crisis, by the end of October.
The total capacity of 3 350 in the shelters under the authority of the Interior Ministry and the State Agency for Refugees has been exceeded by 129 beds as of Monday.
- » Bulgarian PM Predicts Economic Growth in 2014
- » Bulgarian MPs OK Party Subsidy Cut by BGN 1
- » Ex MP of Bulgaria's GERB Vows Independence, Not to Join Socialists
- » Socialist MP: Bulgaria's Parliament Won't Complete 4-Year Term
- » 50 Sign Founding Declaration of New Bulgarian 'Pomak' Party
- » Bulgaria with New Right-Wing Coalition by 2014