Fake Cops Rob Sofia Delivery Office
Five armed men dressed as special police units have robbed the central office of the express delivery service company “Speedy”, in Sofia on Monday night.
Around 8:30 PM, a group of masked men, dressed in uniforms marked GDBOP (Organized Crime Combating Unit) carrying Kalashnikov weapons broke into the office building in Sofia’s Gorublyane district, reports the Bulgarian National Television.
The break-in happened through the outer fence first, and then through the windows of the logistics department. The only person working at the time, a woman, was hit over the head with a bat and left unconscious. She has been taken to hospital.
The attackers then smashed open the 4 cash boxes and escaped with the money.
Police are investigating the case.
- » Bulgarian Linked to Gang Boss Murder in Amsterdam Shot at Home
- » 70 Illegal Immigrants Arrested on Bulgarian Border
- » Two Policemen Arrested in Sofia for Brutal Beating
- » Bulgarian Sentenced to 11 Y Jail in Romania for Espionage
- » Syrian Attacker of Bulgarian Shopkeeper Charged
- » Bulgarians among Top Complainants with Strasbourg Court