2 Bulgarians Charged with Money Laundering in Barbados
Two Bulgarian nationals have been charged in Barbados with two counts each of money laundering and going equipped with intent to commit theft.
The two Bulgarians were taken into custody last Sunday at the Grantley Adams International Airport, according to Barbados Nation.
The newspaper has identified the suspects as Vladimir Lachezarof Momchilof, 42, and Krasimir Yanakiev Yanakiev, 37.
They were in possession of large sums of currency of various denominations stuffed in their luggage and concealed on their person in excess of BBD 300 000, police said.
More charges are expected to be laid against them on Wednesday.
- » Two Policemen Arrested in Sofia for Brutal Beating
- » Bulgarian Sentenced to 11 Y Jail in Romania for Espionage
- » Syrian Attacker of Bulgarian Shopkeeper Charged
- » Bulgarians among Top Complainants with Strasbourg Court
- » Bulgarian Woman Assaulted in Thessaloniki, Claims Rape
- » New 'Refugee' Incident Reported in Bulgarian Capital