4 Bulgarian Medics Bestowed with US Army Medals
Four Bulgarian military medics have been honored by the command of the American army for their participation in the mission in Afghanistan.
The Bulgarian Defense Ministry informs Monday that Major Dr. Milena Stoyanova and Petty Officer Stefan Hristov have been awarded with the "American Army Medal of Honor" and nurses - Petty Officers and Violeta Palatova and Violeta Ganeva - with the "American Army Achievement Medal."
The winners are among the 120 distinguished physicians from 43 countries participating in the international mission to maintain security in Afghanistan.
A total of 600 Bulgarian soldiers and medical staff are currently stationed in Afghanistan in Kabul and Kandahar.
- » Bulgaria to Send Commando Unit to Afghanistan
- » Bulgaria Says It Will Cope with Refugee Influx 'Within Weeks'
- » Bulgaria's Border Fence Operation Going as Planned - Defense Min
- » Interior: 8 000 Await Refugee Status in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Participate in NATO's Resolute Support for Afghanistan
- » Bulgarian President Calls Security Council over Refugee Crisis