Bulgarian Unemployment Rate 10.8% in September
Bulgaria’s unemployment rate in September was 10.8% according to data of the National Employment Agency.
This is 0.1% higher than the previous month, but 1.1% less than in the beginning of the year.
As of the end of September, 354 563 persons have been registered in the labor bureaus. This is 3 125 more than in August.
By incentives of the Employment Promotion Act, 1 964 new jobs have been announced in the labor bureaus, over double the amount in August. Much of these are connected with the start of the academic year.
Slightly over 7 000 is the figure of newly employed persons under the operational programme “Human Resources Development”.
Last week, the Employment Agency’s Director, Kamelia Lozanova, revealed that Bulgaria will receive EUR 100 M assistance from the EU in 2014 for tackling youth unemployment.
- » Only 20% of Bulgarian Roma Have Jobs – Study
- » 62% of Bulgarians against Accepting More Refugees – Poll
- » Protesting Bulgarian Students with 'College Day' Action
- » Bulgarian Students Celebrate 'College Day'
- » 3 Injured in Bulgarian Refugee Shelter Riot
- » Bulgaria's Interior Admits about Unrest at Refugee Center on Nov 30