Czech Striker in Doubt for Bulgaria Match
Czech Republic’s national team striker Tomas Pekhart is in doubt for the upcoming World Cup qualifying match against Bulgaria on Tuesday.
Pekhart, who plays for German club Nuremberg, suffered a light concussion during Friday’s 4-1 victory over Malta, despite scoring the last goal in the 90th minute. He has not trained with his teammates since.
The defender Tomas Sivok will also miss the match due to suspension, while captain Tomas Rosicky is injured for both games. Bulgaria will miss Svetoslav Dyakov and Nikolay Budurov, who were both sent off during Friday’s 2-1 loss in Armenia.
Bulgaria host the Czech Republic on Tuesday at 9:15 PM local time.
Victory would place the Czechs above Bulgaria in the final group standings, but they have no chance of reaching the play-offs for the World Cup.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria need a minimum 3-goal victory in order to have some hopes of progressing.
- » Russia’s Zenit Latest in Line for Bulgarian Youngster
- » Fulham Coach Praises Bulgaria’s Berbatov, Rules out Transfer Rumors
- » Berbatov to Seek Fulham Exit in January - Report
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Makes It to ATP's Hottest Shots of 2013
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Says It is His Turn Now
- » Bulgaria's Ivelin Popov Close to Zenit Deal - Report