Bulgarian Govt Congratulates Bokova on UNESCO 2nd Term
Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin has congratulated his compatriot Irina Bokova on her election for second term in office as head of UNESCO.
Vigenin met with Bokova during his visit to France on Friday, the Foreign Ministry’s press office informs.
The Foreign Minister thanked all members of the Executive Board of UNESCO for “the democratic spirit of the elections” and in particular the countries that granted their support to Bokova.
Vigenin stressed that the conducted reforms have improved the functioning of the organization and increased the effectiveness of the programs in all UNESCO fields of competence in times of severe financial crisis.
He wished Bokova success in completing the reform in order to strengthen the UNESCO leadership in the promotion of the values of peace and sustainability.
- » Bulgaria Assumes Black Sea Cooperation Presidency
- » Bulgarian Delegation Visits Chinese Car Factory
- » US Helsinki Commission Chief Urges Ukrainian Authorities to Drop Force
- » Bulgarian President Joins FM's Objection to Erdogan 'Thrace' Statement
- » Yanukovych Will Sign EU Deal, Says Ashton
- » Turkish PM Speech Stirs Controversy on Balkans