First Snow Paralyzes Central, Western Europe
The first heavy snowfall hit parts of Europe as early as mid-October.
Railway transportation in Bavaria was blocked, while some schools had to remain closed on Friday. Other parts of southern Germany were also affected, causing lengthy traffic on roads.
Parts of Switzerland and Austria felt the early arrival of winter as well. In the western Austrian province of Tirol, rail services were completely halted.
Over 22 000 households in Austria have been cut off from electricity.
- » Ukraine's Tymoshenko Ends Hunger Strike
- » Some Social Media Users Claim Mandela Was 'Terrorist, Racist'
- » French IM Urges EU to be Realistic in its Immigration Policies
- » Mandela to Be Buried in Hometown on December 15
- » 5 Things about Mandela that Make World Smile on a Sad Day
- » Pope Francis: Nelson Mandela will Inspire Generations