Bulgaria Will Not Lose Euro-Funds, Says Regional Development Minister
Bulgaria's Regional Development Minister, Desislava Terzieva, assured that there is no risk of losing European funds in the sector.
Talking about the opposition GERB party's no-confidence motion against the government's regional policies, Terzieva believes their arguments are groundless.
According to the Minister, the previous GERB-led government had neglected the smaller regions of the country.
Terzieva stressed the current government's efforts to boost infrastructural projects, as 35% of the smaller roads in the country are in poor condition.
She also touched on the need for reforms in the water supply network, where there has been mismanagement.
- » Bulgaria FM: EU Must Boost Incentives to Post-Soviet Countries
- » Ukraine to Send EU-Integration Envoys to Brussels
- » Bulgarians Rally in London against Anti-Immigrant Policies
- » EU’s 1st Ever Legal Instrument for Roma Inclusion Adopted
- » Domino’s Pizza CEO Defends Bulgarians against Immigration Hysteria
- » Bulgarians View EU Only as Donor, Says Foreign Minister
Surely this is NOT the same Desislava Terzieva who as head of the National Transport Policies Directorate at the Transport Ministry during the last Commie-Turk government, was involved in the National Road Infrastructure Fund scandal that resulted in the EU freezing all funding to Bulgaria?