Man Passes Away inside Central Sofia Metro Station
A man has passed away during rush hour inside the central "Serdika" subway station in the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
The tragic incident happened around 9 am Friday morning. The dead body has not been on the tracks, but was discovered on a bench.
The authorities do not believe this was suicide or foul play, but both have not been ruled out, pending the coroner's report.
The man has been carrying an ID card. As the station was swarming with people, the body was hidden by a screen and guarded by an employee of Sofia's Metropolitan company and two policemen.
- » Plovdiv, Sofia, Tarnovo, Varna Shortlisted for Europe Culture Capital
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 20 Years in Francophonie
- » Fresh Poll Shows 4% Margin between Major Bulgarian Parties
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects Easing Full Smoking Ban
- » Bulgarians Protest against Ease of Smoking Ban
- » Ennio Morricone in Sofia - Encore after Encore