Sofia Citizens Ride in to Buy Coastal Holiday Homes
Citizens of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia are steadily joining Russians, Brits and Irish as buyers on the market of holiday properties on the country's Black Sea coast, according to realtors.
The resorts of Tsarevo, Kiten, Lozenest and Primorsko are currently hot spots for Sofia citizens, looking to buy a second home in the sun and by the sea.
The offer price of vacation properties on Bulgaria's Black Sea coast most in demand is about EUR 60 000.
But the trend is new and the capital Sofia continues to be the most active location on the Bulgarian market.
The major buyers of holiday homes in Bulgaria over the last few years have been Russians who focus mostly on the Southern Black Sea coast but have also started to consider Bulgaria's mountain resorts and the village homes along the Bulgarian Northern Black Sea homes.
The British who several years ago invested in cheap vacation properties still under construction later drove the entire market of "secondary" vacation properties, this time by selling.
- » Bulgaria Rebounds after Falling off Investors' Radars - Colliers
- » Number of Repossessed Properties in Bulgaria Increases, Says Stats
- » Bulgaria Residential Property Prices Edge Down in Q3
- » Bulgarian Property Sales Improve During 3rd Quarter
- » Bulgarian Real Estate Agencies Report 20% Increase in Property Sales
- » CEE investors to Get Out of Govt Bonds into Real Estate - Survey