Czechs to Miss Rosicky in Crucial Bulgaria Qualifier
The Czech Republic will miss experienced midfielder Tomas Rosicky in the two final World Cup 2014 qualifiers in Malta and Bulgaria.
"Arsenal have asked us to excuse Rosicky for health reasons. We have called up Borek Dockal from Sparta Prague to replace him,” Czech inerim coach Josef Pesice has told reporters, according to Super Sport.
The Arsenal midfielder picked up a calf injury during a qualifier against Italy on September 10 in Turin, where a 2-1 loss all but ended Czech hopes of qualifying for Brazil.
Last week, Pesice named his 22-man squad for the final group games.
Injuries rule out Matej Vydra, Vladimir Darida, and David Limbersky.
Shahtar Donetsk's Tomas Hubschman returns to the squad, after missing the last two matches.
Bulgaria and Czech Republic will play in Sofia on October 15.
- » Bulgaria’s Pulev to Face American Joey Abell
- » World Cup 2014 Groups Drawn
- » Bulgaria's Pulev Opponent Pulls Out of Upcoming Fight
- » Russia's Zenit Latest in Line for Bulgarian Youngster
- » Fulham Coach Praises Bulgaria's Berbatov, Rules out Transfer Rumors
- » Berbatov to Seek Fulham Exit in January - Report