Head of Agency for Bulgarians Abroad Released at Own Request
The head of the State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad, Rosen Ivanov, was relieved of his duties at his own request on Monday, according to the government's press office.
Yordan Yanev, Deputy Chair of the Agency, will act as interim Chair of the body until a successor of Ivanov is appointed.
Ivanov was appointed Chair of the Agency on May 31, 2010. He was advisor in the political cabinet of Minister Bozhidar Dimitrov, who was in charge of the state policy on Bulgarians abroad from October 2009 until May 30.
Last week, Nikola Kazakov, Chair of the Refugee Agency was dismissed, with Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski voicing dissatisfaction over his work from the past few months.
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Discuss Smoking Ban Amendments
- » Bulgaria's GERB Suffers 2nd 'Renegade' Loss
- » Bulgaria to Lift Bank Secrect in Conflict of Interest Cases
- » Bulgarian PM Predicts Economic Growth in 2014
- » Bulgarian MPs OK Party Subsidy Cut by BGN 1
- » Ex MP of Bulgaria's GERB Vows Independence, Not to Join Socialists