Free Bike Park Opens in Western Bulgarian Town
The western Bulgarian town of Bozhurishe, located near the capital Sofia, will be equipped with a park with 25 bikes which will be used free-of-charge.
The facility will be opened on Monday, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
The bike park was created under an international project titled "Bicycle – Ecology and Health" of the European Business Congress.
Under the project, the citizens of four municipalities, including Bulgaria's Bozhurishte, will have access to free bikes. The other three municipalities are Russia's Sochi, Serbia's Novi Sad, and the Czech Republic's Satalice.
The project aims to boost the popularity of bikes as a universal environmentally-friendly means of transportation.
The Bozhurishte municipality has expressed plans to expand the bike park in the future and build a network of bike paths which will facilitate trouble-free traveling by bike
The initiator and main contractor of the project is Overgas.
- » 2013 First Group of Bulgarian Researches Sets Off for Antarctica
- » Bulgarian Statesmen Honor Hanukkah
- » Bulgarian Students with Higher Academic Scores Since 2009
- » UNHCR: Bulgaria Needs to Do More for Refugees
- » Europe to Tackle Inequality with Minimum Income Policy
- » Bulgarian Protesters Join Ukrainans in Fight against 'Bloodthirsty Monster'