German Ambassador Escapes Attempted Abduction in Yemen
Germany's Ambassador to Yemen escaped an abduction attempt on Sunday in the capital Sanaa.
The bodyguard of the diplomat was shot dead while trying to prevent the abduction, according to reports of Al Arabiya.
Gunmen in a vehicle opened fire at the German embassy official as he was leaving a store located in the district of Hada, where Ambassador Carola Muller-Holtkemper was shopping.
The German Ambassador to Sanaa escaped the abduction attempt unhurt.
- » Blast near Yemen Defence Ministry in Sanaa
- » Westerwelle: EU Still Hopes to See Ukraine Joining
- » 3 Ukrainian Ex-Presidents Back Pro-EU Protests
- » Ukrainian PM Threatens Pro-EU Protesters with Prison
- » Azarov Threatens Western Ukraine with Budget Cuts over Protests
- » Russia Calls for Non-Interference in Ukraine