Obama Urges Congress to End Shutdown
US President Barack Obama has urged the lower chamber of Congress to "stop this farce" and end the US government shutdown by unconditionally approving a federal budget.
"Take that vote. Stop this farce. End this shutdown now," Obama said in his weekly radio and video address.
The US Senate has already approved a budget, and “there are enough Republican and Democratic votes in the House of Representatives willing to do the same, and end this shutdown immediately,” Obama said.
“But the far right of the Republican Party won’t let Speaker John Boehner give that bill a yes-or-no vote.”
Much of the US government has been shutdown - with hundreds of thousands of workers furloughed, national parks closed, programs for anything from child care to space exploration shuttered - for five days now.
- » Police Start Dismantling Protest Camps in Kiev
- » Ukrainian Opposition Party HQ Stormed by Police - Report
- » EU’s Barroso Declares Solidarity with Ukrainians
- » Ukrainian EuroMaydan Activists Surrounded by 'Berkut'
- » Ashton to Embark on 2-Day Trip to Ukraine amid Turmoil
- » December 9, International Anti-Corruption Day
The fact of the matter is that the US and some EU countries are dragging pretty much the entire world down with their heavily indebted and stagnated economies!
Out with the old and in with the new! Focus on the new fast growing economies and countries of opportunities! The world has changed!