Bulgarian Socialist Chief Nominates EP Head for EC President
The leader of Bulgarian Socialist, Sergey Stanishev, says he is nominating European Parliament President Martin Schulz for the next European Commission President.
Sergey Stanishev, leader of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), also chairs the Party of European Socialists (PES).
BSP is holding Saturday a meeting of its National Council.
The news about BSP nominating senior PES official Schulz was reported by 24 Chassa (24 Hours) daily.
"Martin Schulz fought consistently for many years for a more democratic, more transparent, more social Europe and all these years he has shown consistency in his relation with Bulgaria," said Stanishev.
- » Bulgarians Rally in London against Anti-Immigrant Policies
- » EU’s 1st Ever Legal Instrument for Roma Inclusion Adopted
- » Domino’s Pizza CEO Defends Bulgarians against Immigration Hysteria
- » Bulgarians View EU Only as Donor, Says Foreign Minister
- » Bulgarians Protest Against Discrimination in UK
- » Bulgaria Receives Czech Humanitarian Aid