Bulgaria’s VP Sends Video Message to Bulgarian Community in Chicago
Bulgaria's Vice-President Margarita Popova has addressed the participants in the 19th “Bulgarian Days in Chicago” festival that will be held on Sunday, October 6st.
“Bulgarian communities living abroad are a priceless human capital and I am determined to work together with you since the moment I stepped in office", says Popova in her video greeting to participants in the festival.
In her message, the Vice-President appeals for solidarity to the problems of the hundreds Syrian refugees residing currently in Bulgaria.
The festival is organized by ”Bulgarian-American Association” for 19th consecutive year, one of the largest Bulgarian communities living abroad is based in Chicago.
Popova was invited to the festival as a special guest, but is unable to attend.
The mission of the forum is to present leading individuals to the Bulgarian community in Chicago.
Nevena Chalova, winner of Most Beautiful Bulgarian Woman in America Pageant “Miss Bulgarka 2013” and Presiyan Vasilev, winner of Toastmasters World Championship of Public Speaking will attend the festival.
- » Only 20% of Bulgarian Roma Have Jobs – Study
- » 62% of Bulgarians against Accepting More Refugees – Poll
- » Protesting Bulgarian Students with 'College Day' Action
- » Bulgarian Students Celebrate 'College Day'
- » 3 Injured in Bulgarian Refugee Shelter Riot
- » Bulgaria's Interior Admits about Unrest at Refugee Center on Nov 30