Grounds of Bulgarian Archaeology 'Sensation' Turned into Meadow
Much of the grounds of the Bulgarian archaeological reserve "Sboryanovo" near the town of Isperih and the village of Sveshtari have become a field planted with alfalfa.
Although it is State property, an unknown farmer is using the historical site for personal profit, alarms bTV.
Just last year a unique Thracian gold treasure was discovered there, and less than a month ago, Bulgarian archaeologists found a unique chariot.
Archaeologists say that if cultivation of the land becomes regulated, the profits from the production must be used to fund their research, as financing is currently insufficient.
- » 5000 YO Golden Treasure on Display in National History Museum
- » Model of Bulgaria's Ancient City of Perperikon Showcased in Belgium
- » Bulgarian Museum Publishes Ancient Roman Recipes
- » Ancient Acropolis To Be Restored in Bulgaria's Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria's Ministry of Culture To Check Treasure Replica for Sale
- » Bulgaria’s Roman Baths to Be Restored – Varna Mayor Pledges