Grounds of Bulgarian Archaeology 'Sensation' Turned into Meadow
Much of the grounds of the Bulgarian archaeological reserve "Sboryanovo" near the town of Isperih and the village of Sveshtari have become a field planted with alfalfa.
Although it is State property, an unknown farmer is using the historical site for personal profit, alarms bTV.
Just last year a unique Thracian gold treasure was discovered there, and less than a month ago, Bulgarian archaeologists found a unique chariot.
Archaeologists say that if cultivation of the land becomes regulated, the profits from the production must be used to fund their research, as financing is currently insufficient.
- » Bulgaria's Ancient Theatre in Plovdiv Older by Nearly a Century
- » Аrchaeologists Discover 4th Century Roman Bath in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
- » Roman Bath Walls Uncovered in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
- » Unique 4th Century Mosaics Discovered in Plovdiv's Large Basilica
- » Dordrecht Museum To Host Oldest Gold of Humankind Exhibition, Varna Treasure
- » 44 Ship Wrecks Explored in Bulgaria's Black Sea