Grounds of Bulgarian Archaeology 'Sensation' Turned into Meadow
Much of the grounds of the Bulgarian archaeological reserve "Sboryanovo" near the town of Isperih and the village of Sveshtari have become a field planted with alfalfa.
Although it is State property, an unknown farmer is using the historical site for personal profit, alarms bTV.
Just last year a unique Thracian gold treasure was discovered there, and less than a month ago, Bulgarian archaeologists found a unique chariot.
Archaeologists say that if cultivation of the land becomes regulated, the profits from the production must be used to fund their research, as financing is currently insufficient.
- » Archaeologists Unearth Bronze Belt Of Bulgar Warrior
- » Thracian Temple In Starosel Is Falling Apart
- » Archaeologists Find Medieval Gate in Agatopolis Fortress in Bulgaria's Ahtopol
- » Archaeologists Excavate Late Antiquity Basilica At Hisarluka
- » Archaeologists Uncover Secret Tunnels Beneath Bulgaria's Pliska
- » 'Vampire' Burial Uncovered In Perperikon