Grounds of Bulgarian Archaeology 'Sensation' Turned into Meadow
Much of the grounds of the Bulgarian archaeological reserve "Sboryanovo" near the town of Isperih and the village of Sveshtari have become a field planted with alfalfa.
Although it is State property, an unknown farmer is using the historical site for personal profit, alarms bTV.
Just last year a unique Thracian gold treasure was discovered there, and less than a month ago, Bulgarian archaeologists found a unique chariot.
Archaeologists say that if cultivation of the land becomes regulated, the profits from the production must be used to fund their research, as financing is currently insufficient.
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Ampoule Containing Holy Relic
- » 'Huge Skeleton' Discovered in Bulgaria's Varna
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover 1500-Year-Old Cross in Sandanski
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Oldest Cyrillic Inscription
- » Ancient Tomb Discovered in Downtown Varna
- » Cyprus Returns Smuggled Jewellery Items to Bulgaria