Bulgarian Ultranationalist MP Caught Flipping Off Protesters
Bulgarian ultranationalist MP Desislav Chukolov was allegedly seen flipping off anti-government protesters on Friday.
An Instagram user has uploaded a photo of the obscene gesture, saying “Chukolov is greeting the sovereign.”
The image quickly spread on Twitter and Facebook.
The lawmaker’s face cannot be seen in the photo. However, protesters have told Dnevnik.bg that he flipped them off two times on Friday – upon arriving to Parliament and upon leaving it.
Friday marks the 113th consecutive day of relentless anti-government rallies in Bulgaria. The protests were triggered by a number of controversial appointments and by wider concerns about corruption.
Chukolov’s extremist Ataka party is a key parliamentary ally of the fragile Socialist-led coalition government.
- » Bulgarian MPs OK Party Subsidy Cut by BGN 1
- » Ex MP of Bulgaria's GERB Vows Independence, Not to Join Socialists
- » Socialist MP: Bulgaria's Parliament Won't Complete 4-Year Term
- » 50 Sign Founding Declaration of New Bulgarian 'Pomak' Party
- » Bulgaria with New Right-Wing Coalition by 2014
- » Bulgarian Socialists to Submit Antitrust Package in Early 2014