300 000 Young Bulgarians Without Work
Around 300 000 youths in Bulgaria are unemployed, according to data reported by Bulgarian Industrial Association (BIA).
The actual number of unemployed young people in Bulgaria is from 3 to 4 times higher than the officially announced one, said Tomcho Tomov, head of the National Competence Assessment Center at BIA, at a seminar on youth unemployment.
“300 000 youths in Bulgaria are unemployed, while Government data shows around 75 000”, pointed out Tomov.
The seminar is part of BIA’s international project CEE YOUTH - Supporting youth employment in Central and Eastern Europe
“About 46% of the unemployed youth are without work for more than a year”, added Tomov.
Also, every sixth of the unemployed young people above 20 twenty years of age has never worked, according to data presented at the event.
56% of the respondents of employment age have listed unemployment as their biggest worry.
- » Plovdiv, Sofia, Tarnovo, Varna Shortlisted for Europe Culture Capital
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 20 Years in Francophonie
- » Fresh Poll Shows 4% Margin between Major Bulgarian Parties
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects Easing Full Smoking Ban
- » Bulgarians Protest against Ease of Smoking Ban
- » Ennio Morricone in Sofia - Encore after Encore