Bulgaria with New Chief Anti-mafia Appellate Prosecutor
Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council, VSS, unanimously elected Thursday Daniela Popova to lead the Specialized Appellate Prosecutor's Office.
There were two candidates for the post of chief anti-mafia appellate prosecutor - Popova, who is currently acting as administrative head of the Appellate Prosecutor's Office and Svetozar Kostov - acting administrative head of the Special Anti-Mafia Prosecutor's Office.
Popova received all 19 votes.
The post became vacant after Borislav Sarafov was promoted to Deputy of Chief Prosecutor, Sotir Tsatsarov.
Popova is said to have been Tsatsarov favorite for the post.
- » Refugees, Their Bulgarian Friends Become 'Human of Year' 2013
- » Bulgarian Nationalist Chief Stirs Fresh 'Lavish Life' Scandal
- » Bulgarian University People Protest by Building 'Book Wall'
- » Russian Businessmen to Turn Sofia Mall into Orthodox Christianity Museum - Report
- » Ennio Morricone to Delight Sofia Audience
- » Attack on Bulgaria's Dogan Makes AFP Pics of Year