Subway Trouble Causes Heavy Traffic Jams in Bulgarian Capital
A technical failure of a subway car caused serious delays in the underground traffic on Thursday morning, forcing crowds of passengers to hit the roads, which led to heavy traffic jams in the central parts of the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
Oil spill of a motor-car in the underground caused the suspension of the subway traffic in Sofia’s center for a couple of hours on Thursday morning, reported officials of Sofia’s municipality.
Traffic jams have been reported on Sofia’s “Bulgaria” Boulevard, “Hristo and Evlogi Georgievi” Boulevard and “Gotse Delchev” Boulevard.
Subway cars’ delays were reported at the subway stations “Lulin”,“ Serdika and at the National Stadium “Vasil Levski”.
- » Plovdiv, Sofia, Tarnovo, Varna Shortlisted for Europe Culture Capital
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 20 Years in Francophonie
- » Fresh Poll Shows 4% Margin between Major Bulgarian Parties
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects Easing Full Smoking Ban
- » Bulgarians Protest against Ease of Smoking Ban
- » Ennio Morricone in Sofia - Encore after Encore