Bulgarian Diplomat 1st in 20 Y to Chair UN Main Committee
The Main Committees of the sixty-seventh session of the UN General Assembly, have elected H.E. Stephan Tafrov, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of Bulgaria, to chair the Third Committee.
The Third Committee focuses on Social, Humanitarian Cultural Affairs.
In his address to the member states, Tafrov has voiced satisfaction from the fact that for the first time in the last 20 years, Bulgaria will chair a Main Committee of the General Assembly.
He says this is a huge honor and responsibility.
The Third Committee focuses on a range of social, humanitarian affairs and human rights issues that affect people all over the world and adopts all related resolutions.
Under the chairmanship of H.E. Mr. Stephan Tafrov, the Permanent Representative of Bulgaria to the United Nations, the Third Committee is expected to consider a similar number of draft resolutions, the UN says in a statement.
- » Bulgarian President: Never Has the World Been So United in Mourning
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister: Mandela Left Mark on Humanity
- » Bulgaria Reiterates Support for Kosovo's EU Entry Bid
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Boost Parliamentary Cooperation over Schengen
- » Ukraine Embassy in Sofia Declines Comments on Pro-EU Protest
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Receives Refugee Aid from Slovakia