Venezuelan Carrying EUR 407 000 Busted at Sofia Airport
Bulgarian customs officials have busted a Venezuelan national carrying EUR 407 000 hidden in his luggage at the airport of Bulgaria’s capital Sofia on Wednesday.
The news was reported by Bulgaria’s Customs” Agency.
Inspectors of the Drug Department to Bulgaria’s Customs Intelligence and Investigations Directorate found the money carried over by the Venezuelan citizen not to have been declared, in violation of the country's currency law.
The citizen had taken the flight from Venezuelan capital Caracas, through Madrid to Sofia.
The money was arranged in banknotes of EUR 50 and EUR 100
Sofia’s Prosecutors Office was notified about the case.
Legal proceedings have been launched regarding the infraction.
- » Bulgarian Foreign Ministry Computers Hacked by China - Report
- » Sofia Court to Review 'Cocaine King' Extradition to Romania
- » Czech Police Hit on Bulgarian Mobsters - Report
- » Bulgarian Linked to Gang Boss Murder in Amsterdam Shot at Home
- » 70 Illegal Immigrants Arrested on Bulgarian Border
- » Two Policemen Arrested in Sofia for Brutal Beating