Poland's Biggest Vodka Producer Eyes Bulgaria's Market
Vodka maker Stock Spirits, the British-based firm, which is the biggest vodka producer in Poland and the Czech Republic, plans to enter the Bulgarian market.
Stock Spirits, whose drinks range from high-end Polish vodka Czysta de Luxe to fruit-flavored liqueurs and Spanish brandies, is also considering expansion in Ukraine and Serbia.
The company was established in 2007 when Oaktree merged Czech business stock with its Polish counterpart Polmos Lublin, which the private equity group had acquired a year earlier.
Bulgaria has a total of 85 registered manufacturer of alcohol, and 49 of the companies are allowed to produce vodka, shows a report of the Ministry of Economy, published earlier this year.
Vodka was the best-selling alcoholic drink in the country in 2012, when sales totaled 9.6 million liters.
- » Standard & Poor's Downgrades Bulgaria Ratings
- » Accident at Bulgaria's Lukoil Refinery Leaves 4 Seriously Injured
- » Bulgaria's Parliament Speaker Encourages Exports to China
- » ABB Receives Bulgarian Building of Year 2013 Award
- » Bulgarian Renewable Energy Firms to Be Refunded over Grid Access Fee
- » Bulgarian Watchdog Hints at Power Price Cut in February-March 2014