Eurozone Unemployment Shows Sparks of Hope
The unemployment rate in the Eurozone has decreased for the first time since 2011.
The latest Eurostat figures show a 12% unemployment rate, down from 12.1% the previous month. 16 million citizens of the 17 Eurozone countries are currents out of the labor market.
In the whole of the EU, including recently joined Croatia, the unemployment remains at 10.9% for a fourth straight month.
The statistics for youth unemployment, between the ages of 16-25, remain alarming, at 23.7% for the Eurozone and 23.3% for the whole EU.
- » Police Start Dismantling Protest Camps in Kiev
- » Ukrainian Opposition Party HQ Stormed by Police - Report
- » EU’s Barroso Declares Solidarity with Ukrainians
- » Ukrainian EuroMaydan Activists Surrounded by 'Berkut'
- » Ashton to Embark on 2-Day Trip to Ukraine amid Turmoil
- » December 9, International Anti-Corruption Day