Bulgarian Master of Clarinet Ivo Papazov-Ibryama Plays at Int'l Festival in Istanbul
Eminent Bulgarian clarinetist Ivo Papazov, nicknamed Ibryama, defended his reputation as one of the best clarinetists in Europe, performing traditional Bulgarian melodies mixed with jazz elements during the International Clarinet Festival in Turkish city of Istanbul.
Papazov represented Bulgaria at the festival held on September 21-30, 2013.
He presented Bulgarian folklore masterpieces in the Cemal Reşit Rey Concert Hall in Istanbul, prior to his upcoming participation in the Big Balkan Outplay which will gather the best musicians of the Balkans in Sofia on October 15.
The Big Balkan Outplay, scheduled to take place on October 15 at the National Palace of Culture (NDK) in Sofia, will bring together "Boban and Maro Markovich orchestra", the Romanians of " Fanfare Ciocărlia" and Ibryama.
Ivo Papazov was born February 16, 1952 in the Bulgarian town of Kyrdzhali, in a Gypsy family and his original name is Ibrahim (Turkish name).
- » Ennio Morricone in Sofia - Encore after Encore
- » Russian Businessmen to Turn Sofia Mall into Orthodox Christianity Museum - Report
- » Ennio Morricone to Delight Sofia Audience
- » Bulgarian Composer Dobrinka Tabakova Nominated for Grammy Awards 2014
- » Bulgaria's Fishermen, Bankers Honor St Nikolas
- » Bulgaria's History Museum with Free Admission for Christmas