Bulgaria's Topalov 8th in October Ranking of World Chess Federation
Top Bulgarian chess player Veselin Topalov climbs to 8th place in the October ranking of the World Chess Federation (FIDE).
Since July, Topalov has been Bulgaria's highest ranking chess player in FIDE's top 100 ranking.
Topalov started 2013 at place 8, and in May he climbed to place 4.
Magnus Carlsen remains at the top of the ranking, and Vladimir Kramnik ousts Levon Aronyan from second place.
There are two other Bulgarians in the top 100 ranking for October, Ivan Cheparinov is 75th, and Kiril Georgiev is 83rd.
Antoaneta Stefanova remains 18th among women.
- » Berbatov to Seek Fulham Exit in January - Report
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Makes It to ATP's Hottest Shots of 2013
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Says It is His Turn Now
- » Bulgaria's Ivelin Popov Close to Zenit Deal - Report
- » PSV Eindhoven Coach: Ludogorets Showed Class
- » Project for New National Stadium in Sofia to Gain Pace in 2014