Bomb Tip-Off Closes Sofia Main Courthouse
A new anonymous bomb threat has closed Bulgarian capital Sofia’s main courthouse on Monday morning.
The call was received at 10 am.
An anonymous caller, a man, said that an explosive device has been planted on the second floor of the building.
A bomb disposal squad combed the area but so far have not found explosives or other suspicious objects.
Since the beginning of the summer Sofia has witnessed a series of bomb threats, with separate anonymous calls claiming that explosive devices were placed in the Central Railway Station, the Sofia Airport and the Council of Ministers building.
An increased number of bomb threats for shopping centers, courts and schools in Sofia and several other major Bulgarian cities have also been registered in the past several months.
Sofia's main courthouse has been the target of anonymous bomb threats particularly often since the end of 2012.
- » Bulgaria President to Analyze Budget 2014 before Veto Decision
- » Bulgarian Opposition Want Parliament Vice-Speaker Fired
- » Bulgarian Students Protest against Interior Ministry Draft
- » Bulgarian PM: No Political Purge of Protesting Administration
- » Bulgaria Rules Out Fencing Entire Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria's Embattled Socialists Would Win Elections Now with 21% – Poll