Bulgaria to Face Serbia for Bronze in Euro Volley Championship
Bulgaria's men's volleyball national team will face Sunday the team of Serbia for the third place in the 2013 European volleyball championship.
The match will be held at the Parken Stadium in Copenhagen at 3 pm local time (4 pm EET).
Saturday evening, the team of Italy beat Bulgaria with 3:1 sets at the second 2013 European men's volleyball championships semi-final.
Bulgaria made it to the semi-final after a convincing 3:1 quarterfinal against Germany, and a stunning 3:2 victory - fought out after losing 0:2 - against co-hosts Poland in the playoff round.
In the group stage, the Bulgarians were in Pool D together with Germany, Russia and the Czech Republic, where it ranked third, which allowed them to be in the playoffs.
If Bulgaria prevails against Serbia, this will be the fifth European bronze for the team, which will also automatically qualify for the World Championship in Poland in 2014.
Defending European volleyball champions Serbia lost this year's first semi-final against Russia (1:3) earlier Saturday.
The final at Parken will face off Italy against Russia, 6 pm local time (7 pm EET).
- » Russia’s Zenit Latest in Line for Bulgarian Youngster
- » Fulham Coach Praises Bulgaria’s Berbatov, Rules out Transfer Rumors
- » Berbatov to Seek Fulham Exit in January - Report
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Makes It to ATP's Hottest Shots of 2013
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Says It is His Turn Now
- » Bulgaria's Ivelin Popov Close to Zenit Deal - Report