Bulgarian Metal Band Wins Big at Independent Film Fest
The band with the catchy name “Big Fat Lilly” has shined at “CineRocKom International Film Festival Hollywood”.
Bulgaria’s “Big Fat Lilly” metal group, originating from the small town of Pazardzhik, made a breakthrough on Hollywood’ s alternative scene with the song “God Forgive”.
The track won “Best Music Score Song Award” at “CineRocKom”, an independent film festival, held in Cannes, Hollywood and Hong Kong.
The video and the lyrics of the single are “messages against hunger, poverty and war conflicts around the world.” according to band members.
Nedy John Cross, lead singer of the band, started performing at the age of 4.
His parents were both working actors in the musical theatre. “My mom took me to the shows every day, then one day I was on stage, and that was the start of it all. Every day after school I was trained in classical music class to play the piano and sing. By the age of 14 years I started my first rock band”, recalls the beginning of his career Cross.
“Big Fat Lilly” will perform their acclaimed single in Hollywood on October 19th at the closing ceremony of CineRocKom.
- » Russian Businessmen to Turn Sofia Mall into Orthodox Christianity Museum - Report
- » Ennio Morricone to Delight Sofia Audience
- » Bulgarian Composer Dobrinka Tabakova Nominated for Grammy Awards 2014
- » Bulgaria's Fishermen, Bankers Honor St Nikolas
- » Bulgaria's History Museum with Free Admission for Christmas
- » US Foundation Launches 9th Sofia Student Film Fest