Commissioner Hahn: Bulgaria Doing Well in EU Funds Absorption
Bulgaria is making good progress in the rate of EU funds absorption, said EU Regional Development Commissioner Johannes Hahn.
Friday Hahn is on a trip to Bulgarian capital Sofia, where he met Bulgarian PM Plamen Oresharski.
"Since 2009, Bulgaria started catching up on EU funds absorption," commented the EU Commissioner.
"If Bulgaria keeps up this rate, that would be excellent," added he.
Hahn said that his talks with Bulgarian PM Oresharski were concentrated on finalizing the ongoing EU programing period, and planning for the upcoming 2014-20 period.
"In the coming programing period, structural funds will be chiefly directed towars the economy, including in particular innovations and youth policies," said the commissioner.
- » EU’s 1st Ever Legal Instrument for Roma Inclusion Adopted
- » Domino’s Pizza CEO Defends Bulgarians against Immigration Hysteria
- » Bulgarians View EU Only as Donor, Says Foreign Minister
- » Bulgarians Protest Against Discrimination in UK
- » Bulgaria Receives Czech Humanitarian Aid
- » Bulgarian MEP Dubs Frontex 'Helpless Observer'