Bulgarian Social Ministry Raises Maximum Pensions
The maximum pension in Bulgaria will become BGN 960 from the beginning of 2014.
The Advisory Board at the Ministry of Social Policy announced that they have reached a consensus to raise the maximum pension to 40% of the sum planned as a ceiling on insurable earnings, which is BGN 2 400 for 2014. This would make the highest pensions rise from BGN 770 to BGN 960.
Currently, nearly 53 000 pensioners receive lower incomes than they are entitled to, reports dariknews.bg.
- » Bulgarian PM: No Political Purge of Protesting Administration
- » Bulgaria Rules Out Fencing Entire Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria's Embattled Socialists Would Win Elections Now with 21% – Poll
- » Bulgarian PM: Cabinet Bent on Improving Business Climate
- » Bulgaria's Opposition GERB Suffers 1st Renegade
- » Newest Bulgarian Politician Threatens Occupation of Ukrainian Embassy