Israel Plans Policies to Facilitate Palstine Peace Process
Israel has announced it would ease some of its restrictions on Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
The country's Minister of International Relations and Intelligence, Yuval Steinitz, announced that Israel will issue 5 000 new work permits for Palestinian citizens. They will also allow the import of construction materials into Gaza.
“It is in Israel's interests to have a strong and prosperous Palestinian economy. A good economic climate will help the political situation and improve the relationship between Israel and the Palestinian Authority”, said Steinitz at the UN headquarters in New York.
Peace negotiations have been initiated in recent months, with US Secretary of State John Kerry holding talks with both Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.
- » Ukrainian Govt Denies Joining Russia's Customs Union
- » Kiev Riot Police Withdraws, Attempt to Oust Protesters Fails
- » Ashton Witnesses Kiev Clashes, Impressed by Ukrainians' Firmness
- » More Clashes in Kiev, Protesters Fire Icy Water at Police
- » Nelson Mandela Body Arrives in Pretoria
- » Ukrainian Police Push Out Protesters Overnight