EU Funds Among Rescue Options for Bulgarian State Railway
Bulgaria's Transport Minister Danail Papazov revealed on Thursday that the rehabilitation program for the Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) is ready.
Papazov stated that there are three options for restructuring the enterprise, which is in dire financial status according to audit reports from August.
“On Monday we will hold a meeting with the Prime Minister to discuss the future of BDZ. We will explore the options for financing via EU programs, but the enterprise would have to be with cleared debts in order to be eligible for such funds”, commented Papazov for the daily 24 Chasa.
The Transport Minister added that several changes in BDZ are under way, such as a new system for buying tickets, as well as repairing of train carriages.
- » Bulgaria’s Employment Agency Head Sacked
- » Bulgaria President to Analyze Budget 2014 before Veto Decision
- » Bulgarian Opposition Want Parliament Vice-Speaker Fired
- » Bulgarian Students Protest against Interior Ministry Draft
- » Bulgarian PM: No Political Purge of Protesting Administration
- » Bulgaria Rules Out Fencing Entire Border with Turkey