Bulgaria Can Go Far, Says National Volleyball Coach
The head coach of Bulgaria's national volleyball team Camillo Placi believes that his team has the potential to achieve something big in the European Championship.
On Tuesday night, Bulgaria beat hosts Poland 3:2 in a dramatic playoff match after falling behind with 2 sets.
“The team showed against Poland that it has the capabilities for something remarkable. This victory may serve as a springboard for the rest of the tournament”, commented the Italian cited by dnevnik.bg.
“After a match like that, it is very hard to fall asleep. I am sure that most of my players were awake most of the night. Surely, they are physically and emotionally exhausted, but we must do our best to recover for the quarterfinal”, added Placi.
Bulgaria will play Germany in Wednesday's quarterfinal from 9 PM Bulgarian time. The two sides met in the group stage of the tournament, where the Germans earned a difficult 3:2 win.
- » Berbatov to Seek Fulham Exit in January - Report
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Makes It to ATP's Hottest Shots of 2013
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Says It is His Turn Now
- » Bulgaria's Ivelin Popov Close to Zenit Deal - Report
- » PSV Eindhoven Coach: Ludogorets Showed Class
- » Project for New National Stadium in Sofia to Gain Pace in 2014