Research Says Bulgaria's Energy Stability at Stake
Bulgaria puts its national energy security at the highest risk out of 75 other countries, according to Martin Tsankov, an analyst at the Center for Study of Democracy.
Tsankov cited a research conducted in 75 countries by the Organization of Economical Co-operation and Development that shows that Bulgaria is the 75th biggest energy consumer, and that the country’s expenses for energy are higher than it can afford.
The amount of money spent on import of energy doesn’t correspond to the territory size and overall economic development of the country. the Organization of Economical Co-operation and Development Informed, according to Tsankov.
- » Gazprom Surprised, Disappointed at EC Stance on South Stream
- » Romanians Threaten to Set Houses Ablaze in Protest against Chevron Fracking
- » Bulgaria Urges Active Dialogue between EC, Russia on South Stream
- » Bulgaria's Wind, Solar Power Producers Want New Fee Vetoed
- » EU: Bulgaria Must Re-Negotiate South Stream Deal with Russia
- » Bulgaria MPs Ok 20% Renewable Energy Tax, Defy Protests