Bulgaria's Post Offices Could Host Commercial Banks' Branches
Bulgarian Posts EAD' stations may also be used for banks' offices, officials have suggested in a bid to avoid their closure.
"Postal offices could sign agreements to host commercial bank branches in order to avoid closure," announced at a press conference Bulgaria's Transport and Communications Minister Danail Papazov.
The minister said that he will request an additional BGN 6.5 M from the budget to be distributed by the government to the mail company.
The enterprise has already received an additional BGN 2 M when it became clear that this year's state aid won't be enough to cover expenses.
Papazov further reiterated his commitment to a healing program for the company.
Bulgarian Posts EAD is in dire financial condition and many of its offices are facing closure.
Since privatization of the state owned enterprise is not an option for the government at the moment, the company's management is considering various options to stabilize the firm.
"In order to survive, the post offices should be relocated to shopping malls and hypermarkets", suggested a few days ago Plamen Petrov, CEO of the state-owned postal service company.
- » Nearly 1000 Firms in Bulgaria Delayed Salaries in 2013
- » Bulgarian MPs Mull Tax on All Types of Electricity Producers
- » Construction of Zinc Plant in Bulgaria's Kardzhali to Start in 2014
- » Bulgaria Mulls Setting Up Agency to Restrict Land Use by Foreigners
- » Ski Resorts Most Popular New Year's Destination for Bulgarians
- » Ordinance to Curb Construction Public Procurement Appeals in Bulgaria