Bulgarian Elite Fighters to Watch Klitschko-Povetkin Clash
Bulgarian MMA fighter Blagoi Ivanov (aka Bagata) will be among the spectators of the boxing heavyweight title match between Wladimir Klitschko and Alexander Povetkin.
The battle will take place in Moscow on October 5. Klitschko, IBF world champion, has not lost a fight since 2004, while his Russian opponent is undefeated in his 26-match professional career.
Bagata will not be the only Bulgarian fighter present at the event. Heavyweight boxer Kubrat Pulev will also look on from the stands together with his girlfriend Andrea, reports the daily 24 Chasa.
Pulev has been waiting for several years to challenge Klitschko for the IBF title belt and may finally get his dream match in 2014. This, of course, will depend on the result of the Ukranian's fight against Povetkin.
Bagata, on the other hand, made an astonishing comeback to the MMA series earlier in September with a 77 second victory over Manny Lara.
Ivanov was stabbed in February of 2012 during a pub brawl in Sofia, remaining in critical condition for several days. His speedy recovery and decision to return on the ring came as a surprise to many.
- » Bulgaria to Earmark Funding for ATP Tour Event, Ski Championships Next Year
- » Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Gael Monfils in Exhibition Match Held in Sofia
- » Grigor Dimitrov Arrives in Bulgaria for Exhibition Match with Gael Monfils
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award