Russia Says It Hopes for UN Resolution on Syria This Week
Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov has said he hopes the UN Security Council will reach agreement this week on a resolution supporting a deal for Syria to abandon its chemical arsenal.
However, Ryabkov told reporters that there was no guarantee for an agreement.
He once again declared that Russia would not accept a resolution that would trigger automatic punitive measures in the event of Syrian non-compliance with its obligations, international media inform.
Ryabkov said United Nations chemical weapons investigators are expected to return to Syria on Wednesday.
- » Protesters in Kiev Topple Lenin Monument
- » Ukraine's Security Service to Investigate Attempts at Coup'd Etat
- » Protesters in Kiev Build Barricade in front of Govt HQ
- » Czech PM 'Dreads' Attending Mandela's Funeral
- » South Africa Holds Day of Prayer for Late Mandela
- » Kiev Braces for Huge Pro-EU Protest Sunday