Bavaria’s Chief Prosecutor to Hold EU Prosecution Talks in Bulgaria
Bavaria’s Chief State Prosecutor Christoph Stroetz is to arrive on a visit to Bulgaria on Monday, the Bulgarian Chief Prosecutor’s Office has announced.
The visit is on the invitation of Bulgaria’s Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov.
The two officials are to discuss the potential establishment of a European Prosecutor’s Office, a move proposed by the European Commission in an attempt to improve the investigation and conviction of criminals who defraud the EU.
While in Bulgaria, Stroetz will also meet with Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, Justice Minister Zenaida Zlatanova, State Agency for National Security head Vladimir Pisanchev and Vice President Margarita Popova.
- » EP: Russia, Keep Out of Eastern Europe!
- » EU Energy Commissioner: EC Not Opposed to South Stream
- » UK Home Office Plays Down Emergency Plans over Bulgarians, Romanians
- » UK Revamps Olympics 2012 Emergency Plans over Bulgarians, Romanians
- » Bulgaria FM: EU Must Boost Incentives to Post-Soviet Countries
- » Ukraine to Send EU-Integration Envoys to Brussels