Ex Bulgarian EU Commissioner Re-Elected for Party Leader
Former Bulgarian EU Commissioner Meglena Kuneva has been reelected to chair the Bulgaria for Citizens party at a national convention Saturday.
Kuneva, who resigned after Bulgaria for Citizens failed to make it past the 4% hurdle at May 12 early general elections, was the sole candidate for the vote.
Her candidacy was unanimously approved by the party's delegates.
The coalition is envisioned to fight for "immediate" general elections, and to run together in upcoming May 2014 European elections.
In her address to the party, Kuneva made it clear that she sees the bloc as opposition not only to currently ruling Bulgarian Socialist Party and Movement for Rights and Freedoms, but also to former rulers GERB.
- » Bulgaria to Lift Bank Secrect in Conflict of Interest Cases
- » Bulgarian PM Predicts Economic Growth in 2014
- » Bulgarian MPs OK Party Subsidy Cut by BGN 1
- » Ex MP of Bulgaria's GERB Vows Independence, Not to Join Socialists
- » Socialist MP: Bulgaria's Parliament Won't Complete 4-Year Term
- » 50 Sign Founding Declaration of New Bulgarian 'Pomak' Party