6th Annual Bulgarian Gay Pride to March in Sofia
The sixth annual Sofia Pride LGBT parade will take place in the Bulgarian capital Sofia Saturday afteroon.
The parade will start at 3:00 pm local time at the Nezavisimost (Independence) square in central Sofia.
The rally has received support from many Bulgarian political figures, as well as 14 foreign embassies in Sofia.
The upcoming Sofia Pride parade will commemorate the September 2008 killing of Mihail Stoyanov, a 25-year-old medical student who was beaten to death in one of Sofia's parks by skinheads who claimed to be "cleansing the place of gays."
The parade will also protest against Russia’s notorious law incriminating so-called "gay propaganda".
This year’s Sofia Pride parade was initially scheduled for June 22 – but was postponed due to security concerns due to ongoing large anti-government rallies.
Right-wing organziation National Resistance have announced a rally denouncing the Sofia gay pride, which will start at 1 pm.
- » 2013 First Group of Bulgarian Researches Sets Off for Antarctica
- » Bulgarian Statesmen Honor Hanukkah
- » Bulgarian Students with Higher Academic Scores Since 2009
- » UNHCR: Bulgaria Needs to Do More for Refugees
- » Europe to Tackle Inequality with Minimum Income Policy
- » Bulgarian Protesters Join Ukrainans in Fight against 'Bloodthirsty Monster'