New Dutch Ambassador to Bulgaria
H.E. Tom van Oorschot is the new Ambassador of The Netherlands to Bulgaria.
The diplomat handed Friday his credentials to Bulgarian President, Rosen Plevneliev, the Embassy reported.
According to the official site of the Dutch Embassy in Sofia, Tom van Oorschot was born in 1955 in The Hague and graduated Civil and International Law at the University of Leiden.
He has been working for the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs since 1982 taking various positions. Since 2000, Tom van Oorschot has been consecutively Deputy Ambassador of The Netherlands to Hungary and Turkey, and from 2009 till 2013 – Director for Legal Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- » Bulgarian FM Mitov to Meet German Counterpart Steinmeier on Berlin Visit
- » Bulgaria President: It Is Better to Have Economic Crisis than Historic Shame
- » President to Attend Holocaust Remembrance Ceremonies in Poland, Czech Republic
- » Two Bulgarian Nationals Arrested in Libya for Alleged Smuggling
- » Bulgaria, Switzerland Shake Hands on Cooperation Agreement Worth CHF 76 M
- » Bulgaria Continues to Back Russia Sanctions despite Disadvantages for Exporters