New Dutch Ambassador to Bulgaria
H.E. Tom van Oorschot is the new Ambassador of The Netherlands to Bulgaria.
The diplomat handed Friday his credentials to Bulgarian President, Rosen Plevneliev, the Embassy reported.
According to the official site of the Dutch Embassy in Sofia, Tom van Oorschot was born in 1955 in The Hague and graduated Civil and International Law at the University of Leiden.
He has been working for the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs since 1982 taking various positions. Since 2000, Tom van Oorschot has been consecutively Deputy Ambassador of The Netherlands to Hungary and Turkey, and from 2009 till 2013 – Director for Legal Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- » Bulgaria Calls on Five Security Council Members to Back Irina Bokova for UN Top Job
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Discussing Energy Projects, Sanctions Policy on Washington Visit
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Starts U.S. Visit with Meetings on Energy, Trade
- » No Bulgarian Citizens Hurt in Munich Shooting, Consul General Tells PM
- » Bulgaria Meets Canada’s Conditions for Visa Waiver – PM Borisov
- » Bulgaria, U.S. Discuss Exchange of Information on Organised Crime, Terrorism