Bulgarian Ex-EU Commissioner's Party to Elect New Leaders on Saturday
Bulgaria for Citizens, the party founded by former Bulgarian European Commissioner Meglena Kuneva, is to elect its new leadership on September 21.
Miglena Kuneva’s nomination for a head of Bulgaria for Citizens Movement together with around 127 applications for posts at the party’s structures will be talked over during the Second National Assembly on Saturday.
Applications of 115 candidates will be presented by the National Council of the party, while 22 nominees will be introduced by the Control Council.
Bulgaria for Citizens’ leadership resigned collectively after the party failed to overcome the 4% election threshold and enter Parliament at the elections in May.
At its annual sitting on September 21, the party will also discuss its future within the recently established Reformist Bloc, a formation of mainly right-wing parties that strongly supports the ongoing anti-government protests in the country.
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Discuss Smoking Ban Amendments
- » Bulgaria's GERB Suffers 2nd 'Renegade' Loss
- » Bulgaria to Lift Bank Secrect in Conflict of Interest Cases
- » Bulgarian PM Predicts Economic Growth in 2014
- » Bulgarian MPs OK Party Subsidy Cut by BGN 1
- » Ex MP of Bulgaria's GERB Vows Independence, Not to Join Socialists