Bulgarians Open European Volleyball Championship 2013 against Czech Republic
Bulgaria's national men's volleyball team opens its 2013 European Championship campaign on Friday night against the Czech Republic.
The tournament is hosted jointly by Poland and Denmark. Bulgaria is in Pool D, together with Russia, Germany, and the Czech Republic. All matches from this group will be played in the Polish city of Gdynia.
The good news for Bulgaria's head coach Camillo Placi is the return of Nikolay Nikolov and Teodor Todorov, both of whom missed this summer's World League due to injuries. The Czechs are traditionally not seen as one of Europe's volleyball powers, but have made considerable progress in recent years. They will be looking to cause upsets in one of the toughest groups of this first round.
The match starts at 9 PM Bulgarian time and will be broadcasted live on TV7.
- » Bulgaria’s Pulev to Face American Joey Abell
- » World Cup 2014 Groups Drawn
- » Bulgaria's Pulev Opponent Pulls Out of Upcoming Fight
- » Russia's Zenit Latest in Line for Bulgarian Youngster
- » Fulham Coach Praises Bulgaria's Berbatov, Rules out Transfer Rumors
- » Berbatov to Seek Fulham Exit in January - Report