12 Injured in Chicago Park Shooting
A total of 12 people, including a 3-year-old child, were hit by gunfire in a park on the South Side of Chicago late Thursday night, police said.
All the victims were alive when transported to various hospitals, with CNN reporting that 4 of them were in critical condition.
The shooting was reported about 10:15 p.m. in the Back of the Yards neighborhood. Police had taped off an outdoor basketball court there.
No suspects were in custody late Thursday. A police spokesman said investigators believe the shooting was gang-related.
The shooting comes nearly three weeks after Chicago saw an outburst of violence over the Labor Day weekend that ended with eight dead and 20 others injured.
- » Chevron Resumes Shale Gas Exploration Work in Romania despite Protests
- » Russia Calls for Iran's Participation in Geneva-2 Conference
- » Thai PM Shinawatra Dissolves Parliament
- » Putin Shuts Down RIA Novosti, Sets Up Russia Today
- » Ukraine PM: Attack on Lenin Equals Taliban's Destruction of Buddhas
- » Attack on Lenin Statue Heightens Tensions in Kiev