Woman's Death Stirs Tension among Syrian Refugees in Sofia
The death of a 58-year-old Syrian woman has triggered slight tension in a refugee asylum in the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
As the woman felt sick late on Thursday, her relatives called for an ambulance.
There were no ambulances available, and her son drove her to the Pirogov hospital in Sofia.
The woman was pronounced dead upon arrival, the Bulgarian National Radio informs.
The incident triggered a slight tension in the asylum, according to local media.
Refugees called on police to investigate the case.
- » Bulgaria Marks Global AIDS Day
- » European Study: Bulgarian Healthcare Is in 'Dire Straits'
- » Bulgaria’s Health Insurance Fund to Check Hospital Records
- » Bulgarian Socialists Firm on Easing Smoking Ban before New Year
- » Number of Babies Born in Bulgaria down by 4500 in 2013
- » Bulgarian Cabinet, Hospitals Reach Deal on Overdue Payments