Bulgarian PM Willing to Advise Serbia on EU Integration
Bulgaria is ready to share with Serbia its experience gained throughout the process of EU integration, the prime minister assured Serbia's president.
"Serbia can learn a lot from Bulgaria on its way to EU accession and we are willing to help", said Bulgarian PM Oresharski at a meeting with Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic.
On its way to the EU, Bulgaria tapped the experience of neighboring Greece and that was extremely useful.
President Tomislav Nikolic said that Serbia has made a lot of effort in order to get the green light to negotiate its entry to the EU.
""Now that you have paved the way to the union, it is easier for us to follow", said Nikolic.
A day ago, Bulgarian president Rosen Plevneliev also pledged full support for Serbia's efforts to become a member state of the EU. He called Serbia "a big friend of Bulgaria" and declared that "Bulgaria will push for Serbia to get an accession date no later than December this year, or in January, 2014."
Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic is paying a two-day visit to Bulgaria starting Wednesday, his first official visit to Bulgaria.
Nikolic was elected President of Serbia in May 2012.
- » Bulgaria Reiterates Support for Kosovo's EU Entry Bid
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Boost Parliamentary Cooperation over Schengen
- » Ukraine Embassy in Sofia Declines Comments on Pro-EU Protest
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Receives Refugee Aid from Slovakia
- » Bulgaria, Iran Hold Top Diplomatic Meeting after Key Nuclear Agreement
- » Bulgaria Welcomes Landmark Iran Deal